Wireless Broadband is rivaling DSL and Cable and has become a viable alternative for residential customers. Utilizing the Cambium Networks Canopy Solutions, mc.net can provide speeds up to 4 Mbps which is faster than most DSL and Dialup.
- High Speed - Great for downloading large files, online gaming, or VPN
- Support - Award winning technical support and tower monitoring 7 days a week
- Secure - Over the air encryption prevents transmission interception
- Services - Wireless service includes mc.net's own Managed Mail system and one e-mail account.
- Equipment - mc.net utilizes Cambium Networks Canopy Solutions. A small, self-contained unit that in some cases can even be placed in a window
PARDON OUR DUST! - OUR PRICING AND WIRELESS INTERNET PLANS ARE CHANGING! PLEASE CALL US AT 847-594-5111 FOR MORE INFO!
The map below is based on perfect conditions and does not guarantee your location can receive the wireless signal. Many factors such as trees, valleys, and buildings may prevent your location from receiving a signal.
- Dish Installation: $100
- Cable Fishing: $100
- Tripod & Mast Installation: Call for Quote
- Routers & Ethernet Adapters: See Below
This equipment may be used to connect multiple computers to your mc.net wireless connection or increase your signal strength.
Product: 802.11n N300 Wireless Router
mc.net Price: $75
Product: 802.11n Dual Band N USB Adapater
mc.net Price: $50
*Prices subject to change
Below is an example of a general installation. all installations are unique and will not necessarily adhere to the example below.
- Configuration of TWO computers and ONE router*
- Outdoor antenna kit installed on vertical structure, chimney or roof
- Electrial Grounding
- Cable Routing**
- Equipment Testing and Basic Demonstration
* Extra fees apply to additional hardware and dishes. For pricing information check out our hardware price guide. $50 fee applies to any additional computers.
** Includes one wall pentration. Additional fee applies for fishing cabling through walls.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are many factors as to why your location cannot receive a signal, such as tree coverage, geographically low areas or neighboring buildings.
No, weather does not have any effect on our wireless service. However, high winds may misalign the equipment.
Yes, Cordless phones, Video Survelliance Equipment, and nearby wireless networks may cause interference with your wireless signal. It highly suggested that this equipment be disabled or kept far away from your wireless network and the subscriber module.
In order to obtain mc.net wireless access, you must first qualify for it. You can do this by filling out the prequalification form or by calling mc.net at 847-594-5111.
Once you are qualified for wireless, a mc.net wireless team member will come to your location to mount an antenna, run the cables into your home or business, and configure one computer or router to access the Internet via the wireless connection.
No, if you decide to cancel with mc.net the subscriber module, surge protector, power supply, and dishes must be returned to mc.net in working order.
Routers, Switches, NICs, and other additional equipment purchased from mc.net remain the property of the customer.
Yes, mc.net can provide a router allowing you to hook up multiple computers. You may purchase a router of your choosing, however mc.net will be unable to support it.
mc.net Wireless Internet Access provides an over-the-air encryption which scrambles data and prevents interception. Plus, you'll have access to mc.net's spam and virus filtering service for FREE.
No, the FCC telecommunications Act of 1996 protects residents from any limitations that an association tries to impose on you. Please click on the following link to read the actual FCC fact sheet: http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html
*Guaranteed Rate: Basic - 384 Kbps, Standard - 512 Kbps, Plus - 768 Kbps.
*Disclaimer* Cordless phones, Video Survelliance Equipment, and nearby wireless networks may cause interference with your wireless signal. It is highly suggested that this equipment be disabled or kept far away from your wireless network and the subscriber module.
For more information, please contact us at 847-594-5111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org