This document assumes you are connecting to the Internet via mc.net.
Some third party providers require you to use their SMTP server to send
e-mail. Click here for a list of third party SMTP servers.
1. Open Thunderbird, select Tools, choose Account Settings.
2. Select Add Account, then select 'E-mail account,' and click 'Next.'
3. Enter your full name in the 'Your Name:' field. Enter your full mc.net
e-mail address (email@example.com) in the 'E-mail Address:' field, and click
4. Select 'POP3' as the type of incoming server you are using. Enter
'mail.mc.net' in the 'Incoming Server:' field, and click 'Next.'
5. Enter your mc.net username in the 'User Name:'
field, and click 'Next.'
6. Enter a name for your e-mail account in the 'Account Name:' field,
and click 'Next.'
7. Verify your account information in the dialogue box, and click 'Finish'.
8. Select 'Outgoing Server (SMTP)' listed beneath your new account. Enter
'mail.mc.net' in the 'Server Name:' field under 'Outgoing Server (SMTP)
Settings,' and enter '25' in the 'Port:' field.
9. Check the box next to 'Use name and password,' and enter your mc.net
username in the 'User Name:' field and click 'Finish.'
Congratulations! You have configured Mozilla Thunderbird for E-mail!